If you are reading this article, you are probably a fresh grad who is looking for work or someone who has never applied for an NBI clearance in his or her life. Though the thought of getting one can be intimidating, there is no need to worry. It is not really that scary.
There are a few things that you need to prepare before you visit an NBI Clearance outlet. For one, applicants are required to bring two IDs as proof of identity. The following is a list of cards or documents that you can bring as their requirements:
- Valid passport
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS UMID
- Postal ID
- School ID
- TIN ID
- Philhealth ID
- Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Alien Cert of Registration
- Senior Citizen
- Previous Copy of NBI Clearance
Another important yet always forgotten item is the pen. Though pens are provided on site, it’s more convenient to use your own.
You also need to prepare some cash. Depending on the purpose of your application, fee can range anywhere from 115.00 to 415.00 pesos.
Once you are all set, it is off to the outlet you go. Always keep in mind though that First Come First Serve
basis is practiced so it advisable to be as early as possible. Below are the steps that you need to follow once you are there:
- Fill up an application form and submit it together with your two valid IDs at the Data Check Counter. Make sure all your information is written legibly.
- Pay the NBI Clearance fee.
- Have your picture taken and your fingerprints scanned. Fortunately, you do not have to go through the old and messy method of using an actual ink for this process.
- After this, you need to wait for the personnel to verify your name. This is usually the scary part of the process as you need to return after eight working days if you have a namesake or is a “hit”. However, if everything is okay, you will receive your clearance on the same day.
If you are always busy, another option is to go to nbi-clearance.com and apply online. The only reported disadvantage about this method is you cannot get your clearance right away because you still need to set a schedule. Another drawback is the additional 25 pesos fee for using the e-payment service.
Getting an NBI Clearance these days is easier as compared to years ago. Just chill and enjoy the experience. As long as you are prepared, everything will be good — – well except if you will read the word ‘hit’ on your paper.