Your NSO Birth Certificate is probably one of the most important government-issued documents you will ever need in your life. This is a common requirement in many types of applications may it be for travel, studies, bank transactions, and even for significant life events like marriage. Hence, it is crucial that you know how to obtain yourself a copy.
The good news is there is more than one method to do this. It is up to you to choose which one fits your needs, your schedule, or the urgency of which you need the certificate.
1. Walk-in Application
This type of application is perfect for anyone who needs their NSO Birth Certificate right away as processing time is normally 30 minutes to 1 hour (if there is no problem). Application fee is 140 pesos.
To process, you would need the following requirements:
- Accomplished application form (the white one)
- Valid ID
- Authorization letter and ID of both document owner and requester. This is required if the requester is not the document owner, parent, spouse, direct descendant, or legal guardian.
Once you have all the necessary requirements ready, the next step is to go your nearest Serbilis outlet. Once there, follow these easy steps:
- Get your application form and queue number from the Information Marshall.
- After filling up your form, submit it to the Screener’s Desk. They will check if your information is complete, consistent, and written legibly. You can proceed to next step if they will stamp “Okay for Payment” on your form.
- Pay the application fee at the cashier. Check the receipt for the certificate’s date and time of release.
- Wait for them to process your request.
- If there is no problem, you can get your NSO Birth Certificate from the Releasing Area.
For those who prefer not to wait in line, they can just go to this site and apply online. Take note, however, that it will take 2-3 days for your certificate to be delivered and payment is 350 pesos.
Payment options are Bancnet online, Metrobank branch, Bancnet ATM, and select Bayad Centers. You will receive an email and text confirmation. Plus, you can track your delivery.
You can also have your NSO Birth Certificate delivered through their NSO Delivery Hotline (02) 737-111.
This is another online application option. The only difference is it costs 315 pesos per copy and delivery will take 3-5 working days if you are in Manila, 4-9 working days if you are outside Manila, and 6-8 weeks for those outside the Philippines. You may pay through credit card or BDO bank deposit.
With these options, getting an NSO Birth Certificate is no longer a problem. Just choose the one that gives you the most convenience and you are good to go.