How to Apply for PAG-IBIG Membership

How to Apply for PAG-IBIG Membership

Although Pag-IBIG HDMF (Home Development Mutual Fund) is popular for their housing loans, there are actually other benefits that members can enjoy. They also offer short term loans (Multi-Purpose Short Term Loan and Calamity Loan) and provident savings (you can withdraw your actual savings once it has reached the maturity date).

With this said, there is no question that it is important for one to be a Pag-IBIG member. Fortunately, this is mandatory for both GSIS and SSS members. Coverage is also required for the following conditions:

  • Household helpers earning at P1,000 a month
  • Filipino seafarers
  • Self-employed individuals with a monthly income of at least P1,000 (must be below 60 years of age)
  • Expatriates not more than 60 years old, covered by SSS, and living and working within the Philippines
  • Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Philippine National Police (PNP), and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP).
  • Overseas Filipino Workers

The good news is employee memberships are normally handled by employers or companies.

For those who don’t belong to any of the things listed above, they can still apply as a Voluntary Member. Requirements, however, would vary depending on the category that you belong to.

Self-paying Employees

  • Company ID
  • Certificate of Employment and Compensation
  • Latest pay slip


  • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR). Must have a CPA-certified financial statement from the previous year
  • Two 1×1 ID pictures
  • Mayor’s or Business Permit
  • DTI or SEC Registration. See to it that it’s under your name

Self-Employed Professionals

  • PRC or BAR license
  • Latest ITR from previous year
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAVE (if old member)
  • Two 1×1 id pictures

Overseas Filipino Workers (reactivating members)

  • Valid and latest Contract of Employment (with original POEA stamp)
  • POEA License, passport, or any valid ID
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Two 1×1 ID pictures
  • Special Power of Attorney (for those who will pay and apply through a representative)

Unemployed Spouse

  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Member-spouse’s Certificate of Employment and Compensation
  • Member-spouse’s written consent

Member-Spouse with Business (same as above but for member-spouses that own a business)

  • DTI or SEC Registration
  • Mayor’s Permit or Business Permit
  • Affidavit of Unemployment
  • Latest ITR
  • Member-spouse’s notarized Certificate of Employment and Compensation
  • Member-spouse’s written consent
  • Two (1×1 ID pictures

Franchise Holders/Operators

  • Latest ITR from the previous year
  • Franchise Permit (under the person’s name)
  • Car Registration or Official Receipt (under the person’s name)
  • Certificate of Remittance or ESAV
  • Two (1×1 ID pictures

Unemployed (reactivating members)

  • Affidavit of Unemployment

Application Process

  1. Go to your local Pag-IBIG branch
  2. Proceed to the Marketing and Enforcement Division and submit
    • Two copies of your MDF
    • Required supporting documents (don’t forget to bring the original)
  3. Get Payment Order Form (POF) from the same department
  4. Pay your initial membership contribution at the Cash Division
  5. Present your verified documents to the MED.
  6. Make sure that you will get a POF from the Cash Division for your contribution payment.

As with other agencies, applicants may now file online. Instructions will be provided.

Make good use of your money through these mandatory memberships. The amount you shell it out for the monthly deduction is nothing compared to the benefits that you can get it. Be a member now!

Share this post

4 thoughts on “How to Apply for PAG-IBIG Membership

  1. hello,i want to apply for pag ibig fund,pls send me the link to my email where to apply online, im an employee here abroad,thanks


Post Comment